• Maeve Binchy, Quentins

  • Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha

  • Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles

  • Sophie Kinsella, The Undomestic Goddess
My Favourite....Dish

On a weekly basis I'm going to ask for recipe contributions using a particular ingredient.

This week, please submit your favourite recipe using EGGS.

Here's one of mine:

(recipe is for 1 - just times it by however many people you are cooking for)

Baked Spanish Omelette

1 tomato, chopped
1 potato, cooked and diced
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1oz or 1/8 Cup grated cheese
2 eggs, beaten

Mix vegetables and cheese together
Add eggs
Season with salt and pepper (a little paprika is also nice)
Pour into greased dish
Bake 10-15 minutes at 425F (or until inserted skewer comes out clean)

Comments

Blogger Julia said ... (11:48 AM) 

That sounds yummy. I'm gonn ahave to try that one. I cook a lot with eggs in the morning and bake a lot with it but apart from the cottag cheese pancakes ora baked item I can't really offer a dinner dish that I do with them. Sorry.
What's the next ingredient? Or what about leaving it open and just have us all post a different dish every week?

 

Blogger Lynette said ... (11:18 AM) 

Power Waffles
6 egg whites (I usually use 4-5 whole eggs instead)
1 c old fashioned oatmeal
1 c lowfat cottage cheese
1/4 honey (can use less)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
puree in a blender until smooth. pour in nonstick waffle maker. Will be a dark brown when done.

 

Blogger Lynette said ... (11:21 AM) 

That was a 1/4 c honey. I also double this and freeze the extras in baggies. My kids will toast and put pb&j on them and run out the door for school. They're great with fruit and just plain.

 

post a comment