• Maeve Binchy, Quentins

  • Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha

  • Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles

  • Sophie Kinsella, The Undomestic Goddess
Breakfast recipe

I have a recipe for "Cottage Cheese Pancakes" that I have used for years. It's easy to make and very tasty. Here it is:
With an electric hand mixer combine 1 cup cottage cheese,
1/4 cup flour
3 eggs
2 tablespoons oil or margerine (I use canola oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
dash of cinnamon (optional)
Pour in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes. I have an old stove and oven and it actually takes 400 degrees for about 35-40 minutes in mine. A fork needs to have to come out clean when inserted and the whole pancake mixture will at least double in size before ready.
I serve it topped either with apple sauce, syrup or frozen pureed fruit (with a little sugar and a tsp of sour cream). Enjoy!

Comments

Blogger fMhLisa said ... (7:10 PM) 

Hum . . .

Do you have any good ones for funeral potatoes. Seems like a Mormon Swap site should start out with a few of the 'traditional' receipes.

 

Blogger Rebecca said ... (9:29 AM) 

Lisa - Not technically a mormon swap site, as my fellow contributor is not, but I have no idea what funeral potatoes are. Possibly an American dish I have not been introduced to?? I'd be interested to hear what they are though! By the way - congrats on you NYT article!

Julia - I'm not a massive fan of cottage cheese, but since you whisk and cook it, I'm willing to try. WIll let you know!!

 

Blogger Julia said ... (11:42 AM) 

It's hard to tell that it's cottage cheese once it's baked but I guess you could be adventerous and try it with ricotta.
Yes, I am not Mormon, I was raised catholic but am not practicing any religion although I respect everybody for whatever faith they have chosen for theirs.
I also am not familiar with funeral potatos and wouldn't mind you sharing some of your traditional recipes that you are talking about, Lisa!?

 

post a comment